Auto Recalls: Ford, Chrysler, BMW and Nissan
Some recent recalls were announced by the major automobile manufacturers including Ford, Chrysler, BMW and Nissan. Below, we have highlighted the most recent car recalls, as of May 2012, to keep you aware and safe. If you need additional information about any of these issues, you can visit safercar.gov, or call the hotline at (888) 327-4236.
New Recalls and Alerts:
Car Manufacturer: Chrysler
- Recall of approximately 119,072 Dodge 300 and Charger vehicles due to a malfunction in the power distribution center .
- Certain 2011 and 2012 vehicles may lose ABS/ESC system function if the power center overheats, which can lead to loss of vehicle control.
- Recall believed to begin in May of 2012.
- You may call them at (800) 853-1403 and mention safety recall M10. They will give you more information about visiting a local dealer to get your car checked and, if there is a problem, fixed for free.
Car Manufacturer: Ford
Two Recalls Relating to Ford Windstar
- Recall of approximately 50,000 Windstar automobiles sold in Virginia.
- 23,000 vehicles (model year 1999-2003), have been recalled because of corrosion related fractures affecting the front lower control arm, rear attaching brackets, and body mount attachments.
- Approximately 27,000 vehicles (model year 1998-2003), have been recalled due to corrosion issues that can weaken the rear axle making it susceptible to stress.
- Recall believed to begin in June of 2012.
- You may call them at (866) 436-7332 and mention safety recall 11S16 or 10S13 respectively. They will give you more information about visiting a local dealer to get your automobile inspected and, if there is a problem, fixed for free.
Recalls Relating to New F-150, Expedition, Lincoln Navigator & Mustang Vehicles
- Recall of approximately 10,500 vehicles for issues regarding a transmission range sensor on certain 2011-2012 Ford F-150, 2012 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator, and 2012-2013 Mustang vehicles.
- Recall is projected to proceed June 25, 2012
- You may call them at (866) 436-7332, mentioning recall 12C23, for more information and dealership information. The dealer will inspect your automobile and fix it