Do I Need Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

 In Personal Injury

As a personal injury lawyer, my entire practice is aimed towards seeking compensation for those that have been injured by the negligence of others.   Unfortunately, sometimes I have to tell individuals seriously injured in automobile accidents that I cannot recover money for their losses because the negligent driver did not carry bodily injury coverage.  As you can imagine, the news is very disappointing to the injured person(s). Sadly, this means the innocent injured person may be personally liable for past and future medical bills. He/she will likely never be compensated for lost wages, or pain and suffering. 

If this scenario concerns you, I have good news. If you would like to avoid being the above-mentioned person, simply buy uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.  Uninsured/Underinsured coverage will cover the harm you sustain in an accident when the person that injured you does not have any (or not enough) bodily injury coverage. 

Furthermore, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can also compensate you when you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident. Specifically, the unknown driver that flees the scene will be considered uninsured/underinsured. As a result, your own insurance company will compensate you for your losses.  In sum, if you would like to protect yourself and your family from harms caused by the actions of careless uninsured/underinsured drivers, you must purchase uninsured/underinsured coverage.


Start typing and press Enter to search