5 Things To Remember After An Auto Accident
- Check for Injuries: If you are in an accident you should always make sure that everyone else involved is okay. Be sure that if someone needs any medical attention that they receive it as quickly as possible. However, it is important that you do not move someone who has been injured. If someone is injured wait for the ambulance to arrive.
- Call the police: If there has been an accident with any property damage, or physical injury the police should always be called to the scene. Make sure the officer files a police report. Also know that it doesn’t hurt to get the names and badge numbers of any of the responding officers. This way if something happens down the road you are ready with all the information!
- Talk to witnesses: Witnesses can have a major effect on an accident case. If you are ever in an accident ALWAYS talk to any witness available. Make sure to ask all witnesses what they saw and write down their name and contact information if possible. Again, this way if a lawsuit is filed you’ll have all the information ready.
- Take Pictures of all damage: Almost everyone has a camera on their phones these days. So, if you are in an accident remember to take a picture of any and ALL damage that occurred due to the accident. These photos will help determine how much you should be compensated for the damage to your car and can also help if you go to court.
- Talk to an attorney: If there were any injures in the accident it never hurts to talk to an attorney. A personal injury attorney can help you maximize any recovery you may be awarded for the injuries you obtained during the accident.
If you were injured in an auto accident don’t hesitate to call the LaBovick Law Group for your free consultation. We will do everything we can to make sure you are compensated correctly for your injuries!